EPGP Our Loot System for 25 man Raids in MoP
Elapsed — Thu, 01/03/2013 - 17:42
When tasked with finidng an apropiate loot system for our new 25 man raid in MoP I found myself returning to something I knew from my time before <Downfall>: EPGP
EPGP is a loot system in which both your effort and the loot you take are taken into account when rolling on an item. Here's how it works:
- EP = Effort Points = What points you have accrued from your time with the raid via showing up on time, killing bosses, first kills, or even sitting on standby waiting for a spot in raid.
- GP = Gear Points = A value assigned to each epic item that drops and you recieve. An addon determines this automatically based off of item ilevel.
- PR = Priority Ratio = A ratio of EP to GP that determines who gets priority for loot.
The basic math structure is quite simple: EP/GP = PR
EPGP IN ACTION
Say I have 10000 EP from raiding for the last week and Atar has 20000 because I missed the previous raid week (made up numbers may not be true to a weeks raiding). Let's say we both have 1500 gp.
- Elapsed's PR: 10000/1500 = 6.67PR
- Atar's PR: 20000/1500 = 13.34pr
Then we kill Gara'jal and Circuit of the Frail Soul (worth 415GP) drops and we both roll. Because of Atar actually raided on the wipe nights to kill Gara'jal he has a much higher EP and therefore a much higher PR. He wins that easily. My PR stays the same but let us see what Atar's PR is at now
- Atar's PR: 20000/1915 = 10.44 PR
Next we kill The Spirit Kings and each get 1000 EP for the kill and on the drop is a Mindshard Drape (worth 415 gp) and we both want it again.
- Elapsed's PR: 11000/1500 = 7.34 PR
- Atar's PR: 21000/1915 = 10.96PR
Notice how Elapsed's PR went up more than Atar's due to the kill. And again Atar wins the item!
- Atar's new PR: 21000/2330 = 9.01
Now Elegon dies, its our first kill so we each get 2000 EP for it. On the drop is a Light of the Cosmos (worth a whoping 1037 GP)
- Elapsed's PR: 13000/1500 = 8.67PR
- Atar's PR: 23000/2330 = 9.87PR
Atar this time just barely wins, but see what happens to his PR vs Elapsed's on this set:
- Atar's PR: 23000/3367 = 6.87PR
Quite the hit there, now the next item that drops is clearly a win for Elapsed, and showing that being there for raid on time and prepared can make a difference for loot every night.
You can see how in just a few loots and kills someone who missed a week in raid wont be completely behind the curve when it comes to gear.
Every week both EP and GP numbers will be reduced by 10% (on Tuesdays) so that all PRs will remain the same but will help with keeping numbers down to reasonable levels.
So some basic things to know for raid (real numbers now):
- First kills = 2000 EP
- Farm Kills (anything after the first kill unless deemed so by officers) = 1000 EP
- Wipe Night (aka no kills just working on progression) = 4000 EP
- The mininum EP you need to be considered for a roll is 10000EP (Updated for 5.2)
Standby raiders are considered and are granted 50% of EP granted to raiders (as long as they are online and ready to fill in instantly when needed). Other EP numbers may be considered as needed and will be anounced to the raid when it happens
All items right now are determined by EPGP and numbers can be given on a case by case basis.
Also if an item goes to offspec the GP cost of said item will be waived for the winner of a 1-100 roll. SHOULD a person be using their offspec to help the raid on a certain fight (aka a healer or tank going DPS for a specific fight every week) then they will have priority on getting offspec items. once again that is at officers discretion and can be openly discussed with me on a cast by case basis.
I hope this sheds some light on the loot system, I will be on as much as I can over the next week should someone have any questions.
Check out your points over at EPGP <Downfall> and even look at your gear history (first night gear history is a little wonky