12 - Siegecrafter Blackfuse
Mehguy — Thu, 08/15/2013 - 13:02
Siegecrafter Blackfuse is the 12th encounter of the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, and 1st encounter of the Downfall (YEAAAAA BUDDY!) LFR
For a detailed view of the abilities and loot table across LFR/Flex/10/25 please CLICK HERE
This is a single phase encounter. The boss has various abilities that should be noted, and will summon an add constantly throughout the fight that will be the responsibility of the tank. The primary focus of the fight is the Assembly Line. There will be 2 assembly lines on either side of the room, the Northwest Assembly Line is where "weapons" are being constructed, the Southeast Finished Product Line is where the finished "weapons" rolls out. The assembly line will send a random selection of weapons (3 out of a possible 4) through to be constructed, the raid must designate groups of players to jump in pipes to access the weapons and destroy the ONE weapon that is the most threatening out of the current selection. Once that weapon is destoyed, the others are shielded and cannot be damaged. The members on the assembly line must jump down the exit pipes at the end of the line to rejoin the raid on the main platform. Rinse and repeat for each set of weapons that go across the assembly line.
- Launch Sawblade - SB will launch a magnetized sawblade at a random player, the sawblade will hover in the location of the player until it gets removed by an Electromagnet (one of the weapons he can create).
- Serrated Slash - Inflicts phys dmg to any players or Automated Shredders (adds) they come into contact with. Will knock players back.
- Protective Frenzy (Tank/Healer warning) - When one of his weapons on the assembly line is destroyed, he will go into a frenzy increasing his attack speed by 100% and dmg dealt by 50% for 10 sec.
- Electrostatic Charge (Tank warning) - Charges his target (tank), with electricity, dealing ~135k nature dmg. Also gives a buff/debuff that increases dmg from future Electrostatic Charges by 100%, and increases damage to Automated Shredders (adds) by 400%. Stacks up to 10 times.
- Automatic Repair Beam - Hit suit will automatically repair any Automated Shredder adds within 35 yards, for 3% of their max health every 3 sec.
- Energized Defensive Matrix - If ALL 3 weapons make it through the assembly line, he will become overcharged and use the excess energy to power his suit, taking 90% reduced dmg for 20 sec.
Automated Shredders (adds) - These will be summoned into the fight constantly, must be off-tanked at least 35-yards away from the boss to avoid healing from Automatic Repair Beam.
- Reactive Armor - These adds take 90% reduced damage from all players. Tanks affected by Electrostatic Charge must bring them down, along with extra damage from the Sawblades and abilities from the weapons on the assembly line.
- Death from Above - Leaps into the air and crashes into the ground, dealing ~700-800k dmg to players within 15 yards of the point of impact. After impact, will be stunned and take 200% additional dmg for 5 sec.
- Overload - Occasionally casts this ability and deals 50k dmg to players on the MAIN platform. Players on the Assembly Line are not affected. This also increases its dmg done by 30%.
Assembly Line - 3 out of 4 weapons will appear on this line, randomly selected. Players must jump through pipes on the left side of the line to get up to it, and destroy the most threatening weapon out of the 3 available. Then return to the platform through the pipes at the end of the line. It looks like 2 strong burst DPS (perhaps 5 on 25-man) are sufficient to destroy a weapon each round.
- Pattern Recognition - After using the pipes, the assembly line recognizes the player and will reject any further attempts to use the pipe to get back to the top of the assembly line for 1 minute. Should set up multiple groups of players to go to the line.
- Matter Purification Beams - essentially beams of lava that pour from the ceiling, dealing ~250k fire dmg to anyone who comes into contact. There will be gaps/spaces to move around these on the line.
- Weapons - these have a few mil health each and are destructable while on the assembly line. Once they pass through the end, they will appear on the other finished product line and become active and attack the raid via their abilities until they exit the line, or are destroyed on the main platform.
- Shockwave Missle Turret - launches drill-tipped missles into the ground that send out rings of energy from the point of impact. Deals ~165-190k nature dmg to players hit by it.
- Laser Turret - The ground hit by the laser will burn any player or Shredder hit by it, deals 20k fire dmg per sec for 7 secs. Effect stacks every time a player or Shredder re-touches the line, stacks up to 20 times. Just kite around the room but not through players.
- Electromagnet - When activated, this will begin to crust players on the platform, dealing ~17k dmg per second and pulling them towards the Electromagnet on the finished product line. The force of the Electromagnet will also pull ALL Sawblades on the platform towards it and off of the platform, causing them to damage any players or Shredders they pass by.
- If this becomes active, it is crucial the raid does not stand between any Sawblades and the Electromagnet, and run against the pull of the magnet.
- Crawler Mine - Crawling mines (similar to Iron Juggernaut adds) that jump off the line and fixate on random players. Must be destroyed before they come into contact with their targets. They will Detonate when they reach their target dealing ~130-150k fire dmg to players and knock them in the air. These mobs also have a debuff that is crucial(more-so in heroic, but thats for a later date).
- Break-in Period - for 1 minute after joining the battle, they are vulnerable to roots/snares/stuns. If they are NOT killed within that 1 minute they will gain Ready to Go, making them invulnerable to roots/snares/stuns.
This fight looks to be one of the more challenging in the encounter in terms of coordination handling of the assembly line mechanic.
Tanks need to figure out which stack is best to switch off of, ensure to tank the Shredder add away from the boss and "ideally" on top of the Sawblades. Healers pay strong attention to the tank when he has a few stacks of the debuff and when a weapon gets destroyed on the assembly line, giving SB his attack speed/dmg buff.
Proper positioning is going to be key in regards to the Electromagnet and Sawblades to ensure when they get pulled off the platform that players are not nearby to be hit by them.
The below vid primarily goes about working the assembly line.
The below vid shows assembly line again, and is a good reminder to NOT STAND IN FIRE!