Arthas, the Lich King Strategy Page
saedo — Thu, 10/15/2009 - 12:01
- 25 Man: 61,300,000
- 10 Man: 17,400,000
- 15 minute Berserk
- Infest - Deals 9425 to 10575 Shadow damage to all enemy players within 50000 yards. In addition, the targets will take increasing Shadow damage per second. This effect is removed when the target has more than 90% health.
- Necrotic Plague - Infests the target with a deadly plague, causing 50000 Shadow damage every 5 sec for 15 sec. If the target dies while afflicted or the effect ends, this effect will gain an additional stack and jump to a nearby unit. If this effect is dispeled, it will lose a stack and jump to a nearby unit. Whenever this effect jumps, The Lich King's power will increase.
- Plague Siphon - Increases physical damage dealt by 2%. Stack increases each time Nectrotic Plague jumps.
- Summon Shambling Horror - Summons a Shambling Horror.
- Shockwave - Sends a wave of force in front of the caster, causing 150% weapon damage within 20 yards in a frontal cone.
- Enrage - Increases Physical damage by 200%
- Summon Dredge Ghoul - Summons 3 Drudge Ghouls over 3 sec.
- Remorseless Winter - Creates a massive winter storm, dealing 9425 to 10575 Frost damage per second to all surrounding enemies within 45 yards.
- Pain and Suffering - Deals 4713 to 5287 Shadow damage in a cone effect in front of the caster. In addition, the targets will take 800 Shadow damage per second for 3 sec.t
- Summon Ice Sphere
- Ice Pulse - Deals 2828 to 3172 Frost damage to all enemies within 5 yards of the target.
- Ice Burst - Deals 9425 to 10575 Frost damage to all enemies within 10 yards, knocking them back.
- Summon Raging Spirit
- Soul Shriek - Deals 28275 to 31725 Shadow damage to all enemies in a 15 yard cone in front of the caster, silencing them for 5 sec.
- Quake - Causes the outermost ring of the Frozen Throne platform to collapse.
- Defile - Defiles the area under a random target. Any enemies got within this area will be dealt shadow damage and cause the area to grow. Lasts 30s.
- Soul Reaper - Deals 50000 Shadow damage and the caster gains 100% bonus physical damage after 5 sec.
- Summon Val'kyr - Summons a Val'kyr Shadowguard.
- Harvest Soul - Attempts to harvest the target's soul, dealing 10000 Shadow damage per second for 6 sec. If the target is still alive after the channel is completed, the target's soul will be transfered into Frostmourne to be devoured.
- Vile Spirits - Creates 10 Vile Spirits which will attack enemies after 30 seconds.
- Spirit Burst - Sacrifices the caster, dealing 18850 to 21150 Shadow damage to all enemies within 5 yards
Plague Phase: 100%-70%
This is a 5 phase fight, sort of. There's a repeating "Transition Phase" in between the major phases. You'll need 2 tanks for there are adds, always adds. Anyways, the pull is started with some RP and Tirion. Then the rest of the fight that oh so useful NPC will watch you do all the work. ;p
Transition Phase: 60 seconds
In between the major phases, Arthas will do this. Once at 70%, and again at 40%. Though the second one he seems to spawn more adds than the first to make it tougher for you. Also, he destroys the outer rim each time so the raid has to run back to center before that happens.
Val'kyr Phase: 70%-40%
This phase will mostly have brand new abilities, except for Infest, that will still occur, so review above if need be.
At 40% he'll do another Transition Phase, so see above again. Except this time, the edges were already destroyed so you can't run to them at the start of it. They do respawn as soon as he starts, so you'll wind up taking a tick or 2 waiting for that I suppose. Start moving closer to the edge as this phase approaches.
Also, Arthas amps up the summon of adds this time around. More Ice Spheres, more Raging Souls. So it'd be getting slightly more hectic. You may even be carrying more adds into the next phase.
Again at 60 seconds, this transition ends, so get off the edges and back in center.
Vile Spirits Phase: 40%-10%
Brand new phase with new abilities, but he keeps Defile and Soul Reaper still in this phase, so see above again.
Final Phase: 10%-0%
Unlike previous phases there will be no transition, he'll just instantly go into this phase.
He casts Fury of the Frostmourne, doing 100K damage killing everyone in the raid. The End. Bow down before the might of the Scourge!
Well... Lore happens, if you watch one of the vids that'll be posted below, that'll spoil it for you. Think a bit like Archimonde. Don't release. Good Luck!
Been Waiting a Long Time for This - Allow Necrotic Plague to stack to 30 before defeating the Lich King in 10/25-player mode.
- With cleansing taking off stacks, and deaths increasing stacks, the way I can conceivably see this happening is trying to force the Plague on the adds as much as possible. Probably means the OT must tank all the adds away from the raid. Get the plague on the adds, and probably focus down the plagued one only. This forces a kill and a jump and an additional stack each time. And only cleanse if it ever gets on the OT. And of course, don't push Arthas over til 30 is reached.
Neck-Deep in Vile - Kill every Vile Spirit that spawns before it explodes and then defeat the Lich King in 10/25-player mode.
- This sounds easier. With more gear at least. Ranged get good enough to kill them before any problems arise. And melee run away if necessary to delay such explosions.